Advanced technology for pediatric patients
Beaumont Children’s pediatric neurologists treat common conditions as well as provide complex care for epilepsy, movement and neuromuscular disorders. We offer advanced technology for the evaluation and treatment of pediatric neurology patients
and work with a multidisciplinary team of physicians and therapists to diagnose and treat a variety of neurological conditions in infants and children, to include:
We offer a wide-range of specialized treatment options for complex pediatric neurological diagnoses, including:
- Dietary changes for seizure patients who do not respond to medication.
- Medicine involved with nervous system that is non-surgical.
- Neuropsychological testing.
- Vagus nerve management of devices that are implanted to reduce seizure frequency.
- Headache and migraine therapies.
- Responsive neurostimulation (RNS) for medically refractory pediatric epilepsy.
- Deep brain stimulation for medically refractory pediatric epilepsy and movement disorders (DBS).
- Vagus nerve stimulator (VNS).
- Clinical trials for epilepsy, neuromuscular patients, and babies graduating from the Neonatal ICU rare epilepsy and neuromuscular drugs, including intrathecal spinraza for spinal muscular atrophy (SMA), intraventricular brineura for neuronal ceroid
lipofuscinosis (CLN2), ACTH and vigabatrin for infantile spasms, and a FDA IND for stiripentol in dravet syndrome patients (severe myoclonic epilepsy of infancy).
- Active epilepsy dietary program with specialized pediatric epilepsy dietitians.
- Epilepsy surgery.
Consult your child's pediatrician if you feel your child may need the services of a pediatric neurologist.
- Accredited by the Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance (TSA) in the U.S. & Israel to provide multidisciplinary program for all diagnostic and treatment options for tuberous sclerosis patients and their families.
- The first formal pediatric neurogenetics program in the state of Michigan run by a pediatric epileptologist specializing in neurogenetics and a neurogenetics counselor.
- Accredited as a level 4 (highest level) pediatric epilepsy centers by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers.
- Multidisciplinary pediatric headache center with two board certified Headache providers.
- The only pediatric neurology run NICU neurology & neurodevelopmental neurology clinic in southeast Michigan.
Pediatric Comprehensive Epilepsy Center
The Comprehensive Epilepsy Center at Beaumont Children's offers a range of pediatric epilepsy treatment
and monitoring services for infants, children and teens with seizures
or epilepsy. The clinic offers comprehensive seizure evaluations and
schedules tests, including MRIs, PET scans, SPECT scans, Functional MRIs, Magnetic EEGs (MEGs) and EEGs, for those with mild
to complex forms of epilepsy.
Tuberous Sclerosis Clinic
The Beaumont Children’s Tuberous Sclerosis Clinic addresses the specific criteria for making a diagnosis and the continued care recommendations for individuals with Tuberous Sclerosis Complex (TSC). Patients
have access to physical examination, TAND assessment, diagnostic imaging and genetic testing. It also provides risk assessment and evaluation for other family members, even adults.
Life without seizures: 5-year-old girl benefits from life-changing surgeries
Child with rare seizure disorder 1st in Michigan treated with breakthrough medication
6-year-old St. Clair County girl has life-changing brain surgeryRead More