Other features of the new Pediatric Emergency Center include:
- 16 private rooms that are twice the size of the rooms in the former area
- quieter environment for patients and families
- comforting artwork featuring animals from the Detroit zoo and paintings from a local artist
- self-serve pantry with complimentary drinks and snacks
- Child Life specialists to help ease children’s anxiety
- MRI and CT scanning inside the center, and point-of-care testing at the bedside
In Royal Oak and in the Pediatric Emergency Care area at Beaumont Hospital, Troy, we offer your family the experience and leading-edge technology to diagnose and treat any problem. Your family will benefit from the care of nurses with additional training and experience
in pediatric care and from special programs and spaces created with your child's comfort in mind. Our pediatric emergency care services are supported by Beaumont Children's specialists in nearly every pediatric and surgical specialty.
Our pediatric emergency physicians work closely with their colleagues throughout Southeast Michigan to ensure your family has access to our expertise no matter which Beaumont emergency center you visit.
And if your child needs to be admitted, you'll be right where you want to be — at Beaumont. The Beaumont Children’s inpatient pediatric unit is just an elevator ride away.
In an emergency, call 911. For less urgent concerns, contact your primary care physician.