Beaumont Children's pediatric cardiology specialists see more than 2,500 children every year, and provide care for a wide range of
heart conditions, including
- fetal congenital heart disease and arrhythmias
- congenital heart defects in infants, children and adolescents
- septal defects
- valvular heart disease
- complex congenital heart defects (including tetralogy of Fallot, hypoplastic left heart syndrome, complex single ventricles)
- acquired heart disease (such as Kawasaki disease, rheumatic heart disease and pericarditis)
- hypertension and hyperlipidemia
- heart rhythm disorders and arrhythmias
- chest pain, syncope (fainting)
- heart murmurs
Highest Quality Care
Parents can be confident that their children will receive the highest quality outpatient or inpatient care from compassionate experts in a child-friendly environment. State-of-the-art cardiology equipment - including a fully digital, accredited echocardiogram laboratory just for children - makes it possible to perform more than 3,400 echocardiograms and 3,600 electrocardiograms each year. Stress testing,
Holter monitoring and event recording are also available.
Student Heart Check Program
Every year, students die from sudden cardiac arrest due to abnormal heart structure or abnormal rhythms. To help detect young people who are at risk for sudden cardiac arrest, Beaumont offers free heart checks to high school students throughout the community.
Since May 2007, Beaumont's Student Heart Check program has screened more than 11,000 students.