Whether you come to the Danialle & Peter Karmanos, Jr. Birth Center at Beaumont, Royal Oak, for a natural birth or a high risk delivery, you’ll find the most advanced obstetrical care – anywhere.
In addition to providing private suites equipped with latest technology and amenities, our care team works with you to create a customized birth plan, ensuring your birth experience is everything you want it to be. Along with the most preferred obstetricians in Michigan, you’ll also have the most experienced team of neo-natal specialists, just in case. Some of the features available for extra comfort during labor include:
- cozy furniture including sleeper sofas for loved ones who will join you during your stay
- holistic techniques to manage your comfort during labor including aromatherapy, massage, and position-changing tools such as birthing balls and wireless fetal monitoring
- bathrooms with spa-like finishes and massaging shower heads; some rooms for low-risk births include large, hydrotherapeutic tubs
- flat screen televisions, complimentary Wi-Fi and CD players with iPod docking stations for your personal music selection
- personal refrigerators
- blanket warmers
- noise-reducing floorings and warm, soothing design for a restful environment
Mother Baby Unit
After delivering your baby, you will enjoy a stay on the Mother Baby Unit in one of 50 private suites that feature many of the same amenities as the labor and delivery rooms. While on the Mother Baby Unit, you and your baby will receive care from an individual nurse. He or she is available to answer your questions, offer instructions on feeding and help you adjust to your new baby. Your nurse can also give you a demonstration on bathing your baby and other tasks.
Once you’re home, you are welcome to call one of our nurses anytime during those first few weeks to ask important questions. If you’re a first-time mother, you will receive a follow-up call a couple of days after your return home.
Karmanos Center for Natural Birth
Interested in a natural birth experience? Check out the new Karmanos Center for Natural Birth.
The most advanced obstetrical care
Beaumont’s comprehensive obstetric offerings span the pregnancy and childbirth experience from preconception care to parenting classes, from low-risk to high-risk deliveries.
- advanced medical care from leading obstetricians, gynecologists, pediatricians and neonatologists
- pediatric care and a state-certified neonatal intensive care unit for premature and critically ill newborns
- prenatal services including a Reproductive Genetics Program, Comprehensive High Risk Pregnancy Program, ultrasound and advanced fetal imaging, and community classes
- post-natal care, breastfeeding and lactation support service and an award-winning Parenting Program
When you’re in labor
For scheduled deliveries such as a Cesarean section or induction of labor, or if you are in active labor, please park in the South Parking Deck and enter the hospital through the South Entrance. Proceed to the Karmanos Birth Center on the third floor.
Thank you to Bella Baby Photography for capturing and sharing these Beaumont baby photos. All photographs are supervised and may not be considered safe sleep environments.