Beaumont Rehabilitation Department's Prosthetic and Orthotic Clinic assists individuals with initiating prosthetic and orthotic evaluations, as well as managing follow-up care. Our team of experts will perform an evaluation to determine your individual needs and then custom design the prosthetic or orthotic to meet your needs.
A prosthetic is an artificial limb, while an orthotic is an orthopedic brace/support.
We work as a multidisciplinary team with you in order to find the best treatment plan to meet your personal goals and improve your everyday functioning. Your team will be customized to your needs and may include a physician, prosthetist, orthotist and physical/occupational therapist. Each team member plays a role in helping you reach your goals.
Benefits of working with our team
This multidisciplinary approach helps to provide you the following services:
- A comprehensive evaluation by a specialized physician trained to manage your medical history/concerns and address biomechanical challenges to improve daily functioning.
- Education about the many prostheses and orthoses available.
An evaluation/consultation with a prosthetist/orthotist for the design, development, fitting and adjustment of the orthotic/prosthetic that is best for you.
- Training for you and your family on the proper care and management of your prosthetic or orthotic device.
- Referral to a physical or occupational therapist who is specially trained to work with amputees and to teach you how to use your prosthetic or orthotic device safely.
- Follow up care to address re-adjustment of the prosthetic or orthotic device as needed.
Schedule an appointment
For additional information or to call for an appointment with our prosthetic and orthotics clinic, please call (248) 551-1000, option 2.
Our Prosthetics and Orthotics Clinic is conveniently located at Beaumont, Royal Oak Hospital in the Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Gym on the second
floor of the South Tower. The clinic is held on the second and fourth Thursday of each month.
Therapy coverage depends on your individual health benefits. Discount programs are available to those who qualify.