Some of the best cardiologists and heart and vascular surgeons – right here in Michigan
Beaumont hospitals have some of the best cardiologists and heart and vascular surgeons in the world. Our heart doctors
include physicians and surgeons from several specialties, including:
- Cardiologists – Cardiologists have specialized training in the treatment and prevention of heart disease. If you have signs of symptoms of heart disease or your doctor suspects you may have a congenital heart condition, he or
she will probably refer you to a cardiologist.
- Heart surgeons – Heart surgeons, otherwise known as cardiac surgeons, specialize in heart surgery, including open-heart surgery and minimally invasive heart surgery. Heart surgeons often perform coronary artery bypass grafts
(CABG), and replacement or repair of heart valves.
- Vascular surgeons – Vascular surgeons have specialized training in the treatment of diseases of the vascular system.
- Interventional cardiologists – An interventional cardiologist is a heart doctor who performs non-invasive procedures to treat heart conditions. Some of the conditions treated include coronary artery disease, heart valve disease.
- Electrophysiologists – Electrophysiologists are heart doctors who specialize in diagnosing and treating heart rhythm abnormalities. They may perform specialized procedures to help restore a patient's heart rate or heart rhythm.
Tests to screen for and diagnose heart disease
Beaumont offers a variety of heart tests, including:
Conditions that cardiologists treat
Beaumont cardiologists and heart surgeons treat many heart conditions, including:
Heart valve disease, such as:
- Stenosis (mitral, atrial, pulmonary, and tricuspid valve stenosis)
- Regurgitation (mitral, atrial, pulmonary, and tricuspid valve regurgitation)
- Congenital heart defects, such as atrial septal defect (ASD), ventricular septal defect and patent foramen ovale
- Atrial septal defect (ASD)
- Heart attack
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Carotid artery disease
- Atrial fibrillation (a-fib)
- Ventricular tachycardia (v-tach)
- Atrial flutter
- Premature atrial contractions
- Premature ventricular contractions
- Paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia (PSVT)
- Accessory pathway tachycardia
Learn more about Beaumont's Advancements in Heart Surgery and Recovery
Treatments offered by Beaumont heart surgeons
At Beaumont, our heart surgeons treat heart disease and conditions in a variety of ways. Treatment may range from watchful waiting to helping with lifestyle changes to prescribing and managing medication to surgery. Many heart conditions can now be treated
with minimally invasive heart surgery.
Beaumont heart surgeons are experts in many types of heart surgery. Some of the surgeries they perform are: