From appendicitis to complex congenital anomalies, the Beaumont Pediatric General and Thoracic Surgery team provides the best possible care for children of all ages. Our team is keenly interested in providing the most cosmetically appealing and least invasive surgical option without compromising care.
General and Thoracic Surgery Expertise
Our pediatric surgery team is dedicated to providing our patients and their families with expert, timely and compassionate care. The department includes:
- Anthony Stallion, M.D., Chief of Pediatric Surgery, who has interests in advanced cancer care, inflammatory bowel disease, vascular malformations and trauma.
- Robert Morden, M.D., Director of Pediatric Trauma, has an interest in prenatally diagnosed congenital anomalies and non-cardiac thoracic surgery.
- Begum Akay, M.D., Director of Pediatric Surgical Education and Chief of Pediatric Surgery, Beaumont, Troy, has an interest in congenital anomalies, minimally invasive surgical techniques and Robotic surgery.
- Nathan Novotny, M.D., Director of International Outreach, has an interest in minimally invasive surgical techniques, education and medical missions.
- Pavan Brahmamdam, M.D., Director Center Pediatric Surgical Research, has an interest in surgical treatments for obesity, advanced minimally invasive surgical techniques and robotic surgery.
- Angela England, NP, has 7 years experience as a Pediatric Surgical Nurse Practitioner. She provides expert and compassionate support to the families in the surgical care of the children.
Some of the specific conditions treated and procedures offered include: