Updated Visiting Information
For the safety of our patients, their families, our employees and physicians, children who are 21 years of age or under are only allowed two visiting parents/legal guardians. We look forward to the day when COVID-19 is no longer a threat and we are able to welcome family and friends without these modifications.
Important for Parents
Parents should be prepared to show a picture ID upon entering the hospital, and/or entering and exiting a unit (Peds, PICU or NICU).
Keeping You Safe
While we expect to care for COVID-19 patients in designated areas of our hospitals for some time, we’ve taken extra steps to create a safe, secure environment for our patients, families and staff. In this new reality, you’ll notice some changes
to help reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- everyone must wear a mask or face covering that covers the mouth and nose
- everyone must be screened for COVID-19 symptoms before entering Beaumont; those who screen positive will not be able to enter
- surfaces that are touched frequently are receiving extra cleaning and attention
- seating has been re-arranged to support social distancing
- floors have been marked to space people waiting in a line
- shared items, such as magazines and clipboards, have been removed
Rest assured, you are safe coming to Beaumont for all of your health care needs.
During Your Visit
A waiting lounge is provided outside most patient care areas. There are no formal visiting hours in pediatrics at our hospitals. Each hospital has designated quiet times to promote a quiet, healing environment. The nursing staff and guest services
representatives at the information desk can provide details on designated quiet times.
Your cellular phone can be used in almost all areas of the hospital. However, certain patient care equipment can malfunction when a cellular phone is operated within close proximity. You will see a sign if your phone needs to be turned off because
of the possibility of interfering with this equipment.
Most units have a welcome brochure that explains more about the unit routines and any special visitor instructions.