At the New Beginnings Maternity Center of Beaumont Hospital, Farmington Hills, our team works with you to ensure your birth experience is everything you want it to be. Our patients enjoy labor and delivery suites equipped with latest technology and amenities for a safe, comfortable delivery. Along with the most preferred obstetricians in Michigan, you’ll also have access to the most experienced team of pediatric specialists through Beaumont’s state-certified neonatal intensive care units.
Our team is dedicated to working with you, to ensure your birth experience is everything you want it to be. Some of the features available for extra comfort during your stay with us include:
- spacious labor and delivery suites
- family friendly amenities in every room including cozy furniture and a sleeper sofa for the comfort of support people who will join you during the birth
- skin-to skin contact with your newborn immediately after birth
- a fully digital medical records system to improve safety and speed of care
- postpartum rooming in where babies remain with their mother and families during their stay
- 24/7 support person accommodations
- room service and a post-delivery gourmet meal
- an infant-mother security system
- lactation support services and education for all breastfeeding mothers and their babies
- meaningful information and guidance on care for you and the baby after discharge
- at-home follow up call to see how you are adjusting and to answer any questions you may have
MOTHER BABY UNIT
On our Mother Baby (postpartum) unit, we support and encourage rooming-in, which means keeping mom, baby and family together during your hospital stay. Being together with your newborn is the best way to create and strengthen the mother/baby/ family bond. Spending as much time together as possible will help you to get to know your new baby, learn how to care for them and enable you to provide the soothing comfort they need. Rooming-in enhances bonding and the ability to breastfeed. During your stay on the Mother Baby unit, a nurse will be assigned to provide care for both you and your newborn. They will be happy to provide answers to your questions, offer instructions on feeding and baby care, and will help you get acquainted with the new addition to your family.
And once you’re home, you are welcome to call one of our nurses anytime during those first few weeks to ask important questions. If you’re a first-time mother, you will receive a follow-up call a couple of days after your return home.
THE MOST ADVANCED OBSTETRICAL CARE
Beaumont’s comprehensive obstetric offerings span the pregnancy and childbirth experience from preconception care, to parenting classes, to delivery, post-partum, and beyond.
- access to advanced medical care from leading obstetricians, gynecologists, pediatricians and neonatologists
- a state-licensed special care nursery, should your baby need extra care
- prenatal services including a Reproductive Genetics Program, Comprehensive High Risk Pregnancy Program, ultrasound and advanced fetal imaging, and community classes
- post-natal care, breastfeeding and lactation support services and classes
WHEN YOU'RE IN LABOR
- Please enter through the New Beginnings Maternity Center entrance at the back of the hospital.
- Your primary support person can park in the circle drive, or designated maternity parking spots, and escort you into the birth center. Wheel chairs will be available at the entrance if needed.
- One primary support person is welcome to stay with you in Triage. There is a family lounge for other support people.
- If arriving after 8 p.m. the doors will be locked for the safety of you and other patients. Please press the security “doorbell” for assistance.
- Once you are settled in Triage, drivers parked in the circle drive will be asked to park their vehicle in one of the reserved maternity parking spots located in the parking lot behind the New Beginnings Maternity Center entrance.