At the Beaumont Hospital - Trenton Family Birthing Center our team works with you to ensure your birth experience is everything you want it to be. From natural birth to high risk deliveries, patients enjoy labor-delivery-recovery (LDR) Rooms equipped
with latest technology and amenities for a safe, comfortable delivery. Along with the most preferred obstetricians in Michigan, you’ll also have the most experienced team of neo-natal specialists, just in case. Some of the features available
for extra comfort during labor include:
- spacious labor-delivery-recovery (LDR) Rooms
- couplet care where babies remain with their mothers during their stay
- lactation support services and education for breast feeding
- family-friendly amenities in every room:
- cozy furniture including sleeper sofas for the comfort of loved ones who will join you during the birth
- 24/7 birthing partner visiting hours
- wireless high-speed Internet access
- swaddlers for safe sleep and an infant-mother security system
- a well-rounded menu and personal delivery from your own room service
Mother Baby Unit
On our Mother Baby (postpartum) unit, Beaumont supports and encourages couplet care, in which newborns remain with their mothers in the same room for their entire stay. Couplet care enhances bonding and the ability to breastfeed. While on the Mother Baby
Unit, you and your baby will receive care from an individual nurse. He or she is available to answer your questions, offer instructions on feeding and help you adjust to your new baby. Your nurse can also give you a demonstration on bathing your baby
and other tasks.
And once you’re home, you are welcome to call one of our nurses anytime during those first few weeks to ask important questions. If you’re a first-time mother, you will receive a follow-up call a couple of days after your return home.
When you're in labor
Relatives or other individuals bringing obstetric patients to Beaumont Hospital - Trenton should follow the procedure below:
- Drive vehicle to Emergency entrance.
- Leave obstetric patient in Emergency Department area.
- The patient will be transported to the 2nd Floor Maternal Care Unit.
- Park vehicle in Emergency Room parking lot or Main Lobby parking lot. Enter Hospital through the Emergency or Main Lobby Entrance and proceed to the 2nd Floor, Maternal Care Unit.