At the Beaumont, Troy Family Birth Center, our team works with you to ensure your birth experience is everything you want it to be. From natural birth to high risk deliveries, patients enjoy private labor and delivery suites equipped with latest technology and amenities for a safe, comfortable delivery. Along with the most preferred obstetricians in Michigan, you’ll also have the most experienced team of neo-natal specialists to care for your infant if needed. Some of the features available for extra comfort during labor include:
- family-friendly amenities in every room including cozy furniture and sleeper sofas for the comfort of loved ones who will join you during birth
- skin-to-skin contact with your newborn immediately after birth
- holistic techniques to manage your comfort during labor including wireless fetal monitoring, and birthing balls
- delayed newborn bath to allow your baby to gradually adapt to his/her new surroundings
- postpartum rooming in were babies remain with their mothers and families during their stay
- 24/7 birthing partner accommodations
- an infant-mother security system
- bathrooms with spa-like finishes and massaging shower heads; rooms for low-risk births include large, hydrotherapeutic tubs
- warm design finishes and soothing wall colors and artwork to provide a restful environment
- a well-rounded menu and personal delivery from our room service menu
- lactation support services and education for all breastfeeding mothers and their babies
- meaningful information and guidance on care for you and the baby to prepare for discharge
- at-home follow up call to see how you are adjusting and to answer any questions you may have
Mother Baby Unit
On our Mother Baby (postpartum) unit, we support and encourage rooming-in, which means keeping mom, baby and family together during your hospital stay. Being together with your newborn is the best way to create and strengthen the mother/baby/ family bond. Spending as much time together as possible will help you to get to know your new baby, learn how to care for them and enable you to provide the soothing comfort they need. Rooming-in enhances bonding and the ability to breastfeed. During your stay on the Mother Baby unit, a nurse will be assigned to provide care for both you and your newborn. They will be happy to provide answers to your questions, offer instructions on feeding and baby care, and will help you get acquainted with the new addition to your family.
And once you’re home, you are welcome to call one of our nurses anytime during those first few weeks to ask important questions. If you’re a first-time mother, you will receive a follow-up call a couple of days after your return home.
Natural Birth Suite
Interested in a natural birth experience? Beaumont, Troy offers a dedicated suite designed to support a natural birth experience with little to no medical intervention. This includes all the tools needed to manage your comfort during the labor and delivery experience. Ask your care provider about your options to deliver in Beaumont, Troy’s Natural Birth suite.
The most advanced obstetrical care
Beaumont’s comprehensive obstetric offerings span the pregnancy and childbirth experience from preconception care to parenting classes, from low-risk to high-risk deliveries; from stable newborn care to neonatal intensive care.
- advanced medical care from leading obstetricians, gynecologists, pediatricians and neonatologists
- pediatric care and a state-certified neonatal intensive care unit for premature and critically ill newborns
- midwife services in a birthing room environment
- prenatal services including a Reproductive Genetics Program, Comprehensive High Risk Pregnancy Program, ultrasound and advanced fetal imaging, and community classes
- post-natal care, breastfeeding and lactation support service and an award-winning Parenting Program
Preparing for labor and delivery
While every labor and delivery experience is difference, it’s helpful to be prepared and have an idea of what to expect when the day arrives. Beaumont offers a number of resources to help you prepare, from conception to delivery and beyond.
Beaumont offers comprehensive education and support programs for expecting parents, new parents, siblings and other family members. Some classes are even offered as an independent study online for those who are unable to make it in person.
When you're in labor
For scheduled procedures, deliveries and active labor, please enter the hospital through the West Entrance. Someone can assist you to the Family Birth Center, which is located on the third floor.