At the Beaumont, Troy Family Birth Center, our team works with you to ensure your birth experience is everything you want it to be. From natural birth to high risk deliveries, patients enjoy private labor and delivery suites equipped with latest technology and amenities for a safe, comfortable delivery. Along with the most preferred obstetricians in Michigan, you’ll also have the most experienced team of neo-natal specialists, just in case. Some of the features available for extra comfort during labor include:
- cozy furniture including sleeper sofas for the comfort of loved ones who will join you during the birth
- holistic techniques to manage your comfort during labor including aromatherapy, massage, and position-changing tools such as birthing balls and wireless fetal monitoring
- bathrooms with spa-like finishes and massaging shower heads; some rooms for low-risk births include large, hydrotherapeutic tubs
- flat screen televisions, complimentary Wi-Fi and CD players with iPod docking stations for your personal music selection
- personal refrigerators
- blanket warmers
- warm design finishes and soothing wall colors and artwork to provide a restful environment
- a well-rounded menu and personal delivery from our room service menu
Mother Baby Unit
After delivering your baby, you will enjoy a stay on the Mother Baby Unit in one of the all private suites overlooking a pond that creates a calming environment where you and your family can bond with your child during the remainder of your stay. While on the Mother Baby Unit, you and your baby will receive care from an individual nurse. He or she is available to answer your questions, offer instructions on feeding and help you adjust to your new baby. Your nurse can also give you a demonstration on bathing your baby and other tasks.
And once you’re home, you are welcome to call one of our nurses anytime during those first few weeks to ask important questions. If you’re a first-time mother, you will receive a follow-up call a couple of days after your return home.
Take a virtual tour of the Mother Baby Unit.
Natural Birth Suite
Interested in a natural birth experience? Take a tour of the Natural Birth Suite, located within the Troy Family Birth Center.
The most advanced obstetrical care
Beaumont’s comprehensive obstetric offerings span the pregnancy and childbirth experience from preconception care to parenting classes, from low-risk to high-risk deliveries.
- advanced medical care from leading obstetricians, gynecologists, pediatricians and neonatologists
- pediatric care and a state-certified neonatal intensive care unit for premature and critically ill newborns
- midwife services in a birthing room environment
- prenatal services including a Reproductive Genetics Program, Comprehensive High Risk Pregnancy Program, ultrasound and advanced fetal imaging, and community classes
- post-natal care, breastfeeding and lactation support service and an award-winning Parenting Program
Preparing for labor and delivery
While every labor and delivery experience is difference, it’s helpful to be prepared and have an idea of what to expect when the day arrives. Beaumont offers a number of resources to help you prepare, from conception to delivery and beyond.
Beaumont offers comprehensive education and support programs for expecting parents, new parents, siblings and other family members. Some classes are even offered as an independent study online for those who are unable to make it in person.
When you’re in labor
For scheduled deliveries such as a Cesarean section or induction of labor, please park in the main parking lot in the front of the hospital (by Jefferson), enter the hospital through the Main Lobby and go to the Information Desk. Directions to the Cotton Family Birth Center will be given.
If you are in labor, please park in the emergency center lot (on Cadieux) and enter through the Emergency Center doors where you will be escorted to the Cotton Family Birth Center.
Thank you to Bella Baby Photography for capturing and sharing these Beaumont baby photos. All photographs are supervised and may not be considered safe sleep environments.