Don't let knee pain slow you down
Find out if physical therapy can help you reduce your knee pain
Roughly half of Americans wait until a pain level of 7 out of 10 or more before seeking treatment for chronic knee pain. You don’t have to wait for relief.
Research shows starting physical therapy sooner can reduce your pain and:
- get you back to doing the things you enjoy sooner
- decrease your out of pocket cost
- prevent future x-rays, MRIs and injections
- reduce your likelihood of needing opioids
- help you avoid falls and emergency visits
- is effective even on older injuries
Beaumont is most preferred for Physical Therapy services in Southeast Michigan.
Get on the road to recovery today with a knee pain assessment
Schedule your assessment now
Already have a prescription? Schedule your knee pain assessment online today.
* Before scheduling, please be sure to have your paper prescription for a knee pain assessment or confirm in advance that you have an electronic prescription by logging into your myBeaumontChart account and look under Visits > Upcoming Tests and Procedures.
- we will verify your insurance and obtain an insurance authorization if needed
- early morning and evening appointments available
- ask about virtual assessments
Beaumont is most preferred for Physical Therapy services in the tri-county and 9-county area compared to other local health systems.
Recent studies have shown that patients who underwent physical therapy soon after developing knee pain were approximately seven to 16% less likely to use opioids in subsequent months.
If your doctor and you decide that surgery is your best option, physical therapy can still be an essential part of your road to recovery both before and after surgery.
What to expect during your knee pain assessment
Getting to know you.
- What is your experience with pain and how is it affecting your movement?
- Discuss your unique medical and surgical history, including any tests you have had.
- Understand how your current problem or injury began, how it has progressed and any previous treatment you have received.
- Asses your mobility, strength, walking/running, posture, balance and functional ability.
Come prepared to move.
- We will perform special tests to determine what is causing your pain such as tendons, cartilage, bones, etc.
- One on one attention with a licensed therapist each visit.
- Your therapy team will partner with you to develop a plan of care that’s right for you and set functional goals that you can achieve to get you back to moving and doing activities that are important to you.
- We’ll communicate with you and your referring physician at the initial assessment and throughout your care.
A quick start to your recovery:
- Your therapist may have you start a home program activity that day or initiate treatment that is personalized to you
- If you are in pain at your first visit your therapist can provide treatment or advice that gives immediate pain relief
Causes of knee pain
A knee pain assessment can get you started with a physical therapy plan to provide relief for knee pain resulting from:
- an injury or fall
- overuse or repetitive movements, both in sports and at work
- sudden changes in activity level
- ligament sprain
- muscle strain
- arthritic changes
- mechanical issues