Beaumont’s heart valve and structural heart program offers the most advanced approaches for treating the entire spectrum of structural heart disorders. We offer a comprehensive, multidisciplinary, team-based approach to the evaluation of high-risk patients with valvular heart disease, as well as those with complex structural heart disease.
Patients coming to Beaumont’s Heart Valve Clinic receive a “one-stop shopping” experience where they meet with a clinical nurse coordinator, cardiologist and cardiac surgeon to get all the appropriate tests and a customized treatment plan, all on the same day.
Beaumont’s heart valve and structural heart treatment options include:
- the most advanced minimally invasive surgical approaches that allow surgeons to replace or repair aortic and mitral valves through small incisions, including transcatheter aortic valve replacement, MitraClip® and Watchman®
- a multidisciplinary team to coordinate treatment and follow-up care, including a nurse clinician, interventional cardiologist, cardiac surgeon and vascular surgeon
- the most advanced 3-D echocardiography and state-of-the-art imaging to provide us with the most precise diagnostic information than ever before
- access to numerous clinical trials and the latest FDA-approved devices and treatments
- educational information for both you and your family
Who should visit Beaumont’s Heart Valve Clinic?
- the highest-risk and most complex patients in need of specialized treatment
- patients seeking innovative treatment options
- patients looking for a second opinion