Beaumont provides diagnostic support for complex cardiac cases referred by physicians statewide. In fact, more patients are referred to Beaumont for cardiac MRI and cardiac CT scans than any other center in Michigan. Beaumont’s advanced imaging laboratory offers state-of-the-art technology that helps with early detection and treatment of coronary artery disease.
Why choose Beaumont for your cardiovascular imaging?
- We deliver compassionate, extraordinary care every day: Cardiologists, cardiac surgeons and imaging experts with advanced training and certifications collaborate to interpret test results and help you determine the best treatment plan for you.
- We leverage the most advanced technology: advanced imaging technologies and equipment are crucial in diagnosing complex structural health disease and coronary heart disease, and for the success of catheter-based procedures like Watchman, TAVR, and MitraClip.
- We foster innovation: We lead ground-breaking research, champion FFRct for diagnosing severity of coronary blockages and utilize 3D printing technology in preparing for complex procedures.
- We are committed to patient safety: we led the nation in radiation dose reduction for cardiac CT patients (JAMA 2009); we are ACR (American College of Radiology) and Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC) accredited; and we continue to develop the safest way to diagnose and treat our patients.
Symptoms your doctor would order a cardiac echo, CT, FFRct or MRI for:
- Shortness of breath
- Heart murmurs
- Chest pain
- Heart rhythm disturbance
- Swelling of legs
Heart conditions that can be diagnosed with cardiac echo, CT, FFRct or MRI:
- Coronary artery disease
- Coronary bypass graft (CABG)
- Valve disease
- Congenital heart disease