A printable checklist of things you will need to pack for the hospital.
During the final weeks of your pregnancy you should begin to collect the things that will be of aid and comfort to you and your coach during labor. Here is a list of things to put in your labor bag and other items for your comfort bring to the hospital.
- Warm socks
- Talcum Powder
- Extra Pillows
- Lollipops (tart) or peppermint sticks
- Mouth Spray to freshen breath
- Tennis Balls (2) in a sock (for back labor)
- Popsicles - bring them to the hospital in a lunch bag and put your name on the bag. Please bring only a few - not a whole box.
- Small items can be placed in a paper bag which can be emptied and used for hyperventilation, if needed.
- Focal Point - if desired
- Phone numbers and change for calls
- Clips or rubber bands for hair
- Glasses - Contact lens case
- Slippers & Robe for walking
Please Leave Valuables at Home!
Suitcase for Postpartum
Pack your suitcase 1-2 weeks before your baby is due. Tape a list of last minute things (toothbrush, toothpaste, makeup, etc.) to your suitcase for a reminder to you or whoever packs your suitcase.
Your suitcase should contain these articles:
- Robe & slippers
- Nightgowns (1-2)
- Bras or Nursing Bras if breastfeeding
- Underpants (3-4)
- Toilet articles (toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, makeup, hairdryer, and shampoo)
- Watch or clock
- Clothes to wear home
- You may want to bring - birth announcements, address book, and/or a book to read.
Your Baby Will Need:
- Sleeper or Gown
- Receiving Blanket
- Heavy Blanket (during cold weather)
- We send all babies home in disposable diapers unless you wish to bring cloth diapers and rubber pants from home.
CAR SEAT - READ THE DIRECTIONS SO THAT YOU KNOW HOW IT WORKS. YOU WILL NEED TO BRING IT INTO THE HOSPITAL TO SHOW YOUR NURSE.