Benefits of clinical massage therapy:
- decrease of pain and anxiety
- decreased insomnia, muscle spasms and tension headaches
- increased sense of well being and relaxation
- increase of endorphins (feel-good hormones) in the brain
All of the licensed massage therapists in Integrative Medicine have received advance education in massage for the oncology patient and survivor. If you have ever had a cancer diagnosis, in the past of current, it is imperative to seek a massage therapist
with this training.
Oncology patients may experience these benefits:
- profound decrease in pain and anxiety
- decreased nausea, insomnia, depression, and "pins and needles" feeling in hands and feet
- improved sleep
- a change in scar tissue, and increase range of motion
- lymphatic wellness, and decrease risk of lymphedema
An oncology trained massage therapist will know how to adjust the treatment session to accommodate the side effects of treatment.