Our division of endocrine surgery is involved in the evaluation and management of diseases of the thyroid, parathyroid, adrenal glands and neuroendocrine tumors of the pancreas and liver. Using state-of-the-art imaging, laboratory, and minimally-invasive techniques along with traditional approaches, endocrine surgeons at Beaumont offer patients effective treatment with safer and easier recovery.
Surgeons work closely with nationally renowned experts in endocrinology, nuclear medicine, radiology and clinical pathology to provide comprehensive multidisciplinary treatment planning and care. Beaumont's team is available to offer genetic counseling and screening to patients and family members with familial endocrine disorders including MEN-I and MEN-IIa and IIb.
Common Disorders Treated
- thyroid cysts, nodules and goiter
- thyroid cancer
- hypercalcemia due to hyperparathyroidism
- parathyroid cancer
- adrenal adenoma
- hyperaldosteronism or Conn's syndrome
- Cushing's adenoma
- islet cell tumors of the pancreas
- minimally invasive parathyroidectomy with intraoperative parathyroid hormone assay radio-guided techniques
- reexploration for recurrent or persistent hyperparathyroidism
- thyroidectomy for cancer including modified radical neck dissection when needed
- laparoscopic adrenalectomy
- laparoscopic distal pancreatectomy