The Beaumont Speech and Language Pathology Department is widely recognized for providing a variety of services, which include evaluating and treating individuals with speech, voice, language, hearing and swallowing disorders.
Adult speech pathology services are available at one of our many outpatient locations. A clinically certified and state-licensed speech language pathologist will complete a comprehensive evaluation and develop an individualized treatment program to address
your specific goals. Following the evaluation, results will be discussed with you, and a home exercise program will be developed to improve carryover and follow-through with new skills learned within each treatment session.
Areas we treat
- Accent reduction program.
- Augmentative and alternative communication.
- Expressive and receptive aphasia due to stroke, brain injury or neurodegenerative diseases.
- Fluency disorders.
- Higher level language skills including attention, memory, problem solving and other executive functions.
- Motor speech disorders including dysarthria and apraxia.
- Resonance disorders.
- Swallowing disorders or dysphagia.
- Voice and laryngeal disorders.
A physician referral is required to initiate treatment with our speech services. Coverage from most major insurance companies is accepted, but coverage for treatment depends on the individual insurance benefits. Scholarship funding may be available.
As you may be enrolled in other therapies like physical and occupational therapy, we will work with you to coordinate scheduling accordingly. To begin the scheduling process for your new patient appointment, please call 248-655-3191.
If you are a current patient and either need to reschedule your visit or ask for additional information, please call the location you are attending.