For conditions that cause hand and wrist pain, you want more options and the best options. At Beaumont, our orthopedic surgeons use the most advanced and proven techniques to improve the lives of patients. We work closely with specialized hand therapist and other team members to relieve your pain and get you back to normal.
Hand and wrist orthopedic surgery at Beaumont is comprised of board certified surgeons, many of whom are fellowship-trained and hold a Specialty Certificate in Hand Surgery.
Whether addressing an arthritic joint or a shattered wrist, our hand and wrist orthopedic surgeons work diligently to restore complex anatomy and function so that patients can return quickly to their activities.
Hand and wrist conditions treated
- fractures and dislocations
- arthritis (including arthroscopic surgery and joint replacement)
- joint contractures
- tendon lacerations or ruptures
- ligament and cartilage injuries (including gamekeeper thumb, scapholunate ligament, TFCC)
- tendon inflammation (trigger finger, DeQuervain’s)
- nerve compression (carpal tunnel syndrome, cubital tunnel syndrome)
- nerve laceration or palsy (via repair or tendon transfer)
- ganglion cysts, other masses in the wrist and hand
- foreign body evaluation and removal
- nail bed and fingertip injuries
- infections, burns, or contractures
- skin grafts
- microvascular repair
- surgical treatment of Raynaud’s and other vasospastic disease
- duplicate thumb