Working together for optimal neurosurgical care.
Our highly-skilled, nationally recognized neurosurgical team utilizes innovative surgical techniques to perform adult and pediatric surgery ranging from skull based treatment of lesions to complex spinal surgery and deep brain stimulation for movement disorder to intricate epilepsy surgery.
Many of these surgeries involve the use of minimally invasive approaches in the brain and spine, often working collaboratively with surgeons from multidisciplinary services, to provide our patients with the most advanced treatment options.
U.S. News and World Report ranks Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, as one of the nation’s top neurosurgery programs; this excellence extends across our network, ensuring you receive outstanding neurosurgical care.
Our neurosurgery operating room is equipped with computer-assistance navigation guidance systems, advanced robotic technology, MRI-guided laser ablation and stereoelectroencephalography (SEEG) that enables our neurosurgical team to deliver optimal patient care and outcomes.
Our patients benefit from:
- reduced complication rates
- lower radiation exposure
- improved accuracy lessening the need for revisions
- reduction in hospital length of stay
- reduced need for post-op opioids
- faster return to patient’s normal daily activity
Beaumont's neurosurgeons offer a complete array of procedures, including:
- acute endovascular and surgical care of stroke and aneurysm patients
- endoscopic-assisted surgery
- pediatric neurosurgery including craniofacial reconstruction and shunts
Intracranial Surgical Procedures
- brain tumor removal
- skull base and cranial reconstruction
- arteriovenous malformation removal
- microsurgery for aneurysms and complex acoustic neuromas
- microsurgery and endoscopic surgery for trigeminal neuralgia
- microvascular reconstruction
- endovascular procedures for aneurysms, arterio venous malformations and brain tumors
- neuro-intensive care management for head and spinal cord injuries
- implantation of electrical stimulators for movement disorders, including Parkinson's disease
- surgery for epilepsy and functional disorders
- gamma radiosurgery for tumors, and arteriovenous malformations and trigeminal neuralgia
The neurovascular program at Beaumont is supported by endovascular
neurosurgeons and neuroradiologists who create a collaborative approach
to treatment of stroke-related neurosurgery patients.
Specialists in oncology and radiation oncology, who are coordinated
through a brain tumor board, assist in treating brain tumors.
For patients faced with brain or spinal surgery, finding an
experienced surgeon you can trust is paramount. Not only does Beaumont
have the largest group of interventional neurosurgical specialists in
the state for adults and children, care is delivered by a
multidisciplinary team, so patients benefit from the combined effort of
an array of medical experts.
Beaumont also has the largest practice in gamma radiosurgery in the
state, allowing us to treat many focal pain conditions, especially
trigeminal neuralgia. Using the most-advanced endoscopic techniques, we
are able to treat tumors of the brain with minimally invasive surgery.
Beaumont is also leading the way to new treatments with clinical and basic science research in:
- stem cell regeneration of spinal discs
- stroke management and intervention
- spine reconstruction with minimally invasive surgery
- artificial disc replacements
- endovascular management of cerebral aneurysms
- treatment of vascular malformations with gamma radiosurgery
Beaumont offers one of the most comprehensive diagnostic and treatment programs for epilepsy in the state of Michigan.
Beaumont's skull base surgery team is composed of neurosurgeons, neuro-otologists, craniofacial surgeons and more.
Our high quality and skilled professionals are available around the clock to accommodate all scheduled and emergency cases.
DEEP BRAIN STIMULATION
DBS can offer relief from tremors, rigidity, slow movement, stiffness and balance problems.
The future of back pain treatment is here at Beaumont. Our spine specialists help you manage and treat chronic back pain and provide a full range of treatments. We offer the latest spine surgery procedures, such as artificial disc replacement, an alternative to spinal fusion that reduces pain and maintains range of motion.