Level One Neurotrauma Care
You do have a choice when it comes to neurotrauma care. With the
only accredited level one trauma center in Oakland and Macomb counties,
the trauma team at Beaumont, Royal Oak, has the knowledge and equipment
to take care of the most seriously injured patient. Because of the level
one status of Beaumont, trauma guidelines are set in place to care for
seriously injured patients.
- Surgeons are on-call 24 hours a day and are in the hospital within 15 minutes of a critically injured patient's arrival
- A helipad is available at the hospital for patients who need to be airlifted to Beaumont
- The doctors and nurses are all specially trained in trauma care
- Diagnostic and testing equipment are made available immediately so treatment decisions can be made quickly
- The trauma team is ready when the patient arrives and remains with the patient throughout their entire hospital stay
- Family support is available including pastoral care and social workers
- A trauma registry is kept so improvements can be made to the local trauma system and to aid in trauma research
Attaining the level one designation means Beaumont not only takes
care of injured patients, but also provides injury prevention programs
to the community. Members of the trauma team travel to schools and
community events to teach bike safety, the dangers of drinking and
driving, child seat safety, injury prevention and many more topics.
The Beaumont Neurotrauma team thrives with the assistance of a dedicated Neuro ICU allowing physicians to treat patients with some of the most serious conditions, including traumatic brain injury and stroke.