Thanks to advances in spinal surgery techniques and technology, many patients now return to their normal activities within a few short weeks as opposed to the months of recovery common to older approaches.
Our spine specialists help you manage and treat chronic back pain and provide a full range of treatments. They help you choose the best approach after a thorough consultation. Our program offers:
Comprehensive spine surgery: We can surgically treat nearly any condition, from herniated discs and spinal stenosis to rare disorders such as sarcomas (tumors). Our spine surgery program is known for:
- Recognized excellence: Beaumont, Royal Oak is Michigan’s top-ranked hospital for orthopedic care, according to U.S. News and World Report. The publication also places our orthopedic surgery and neurosurgery programs among the best in the country. That excellence extends across our network.
- Leading spine care team: Our team includes board-certified orthopedic spine surgeons and neurosurgical spine specialists, as well as rehabilitation professionals. Many Beaumont spine surgeons are leaders in their field. Their innovative research expands the boundaries of spine surgery, with the latest options always available to you.
- Advanced surgical options: We offer the latest procedures, such as artificial disc replacement, an alternative to spinal fusion that reduces pain and maintains range of motion. We use minimally invasive techniques whenever possible, with a goal of getting you home sooner and back to the activities you enjoy.
Non-surgical options for back pain: Beaumont back pain specialists help determine the cause of your discomfort, then develop a personalized treatment plan to provide relief. Our program offers:
- Pain relief injections: We can administer injections such as nerve root blocking, which sends a steroid toward the spinal nerve causing your pain. We also offer other epidural steroid injections for pain relief.
- Therapy and rehabilitation: Back pain specialists and doctors specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation can refer you to a physical therapist, aquatic therapist, exercise physiologist or posture specialist.