Patient Legal Support is a program designed to improve the health and welfare of low-income patients and their families. Patient Legal Support provides free legal assistance to help address the underlying cause of poor health
among patients and families. Legal services are provided through Lakeshore Legal Aid.
You may be eligible for services if you are:
- a current inpatient or outpatient at Beaumont
- a household family member of a current inpatient or outpatient at Beaumont
- a U.S. citizen or legal resident
To receive legal services through Patient Legal Support, you must be referred by a medical social worker at Beaumont. Please call 248-551-0692 for more information. Any and all information provided to Patient Legal Support staff is confidential and will
not be released without your permission.
We handle a variety of legal issues. Issues include, but are not limited to:
- Income Support: Social Security/SSI, State Disability Assistance, Department of Human Services
- Health insurance: Medicaid, state health insurance programs, private insurance programs
- Education: special education, early intervention, school expulsions and suspensions
- Family Law: domestic violence, restraining orders/personal protection orders, child support, guardianship
- Housing: foreclosures, landlord/tenant issues, public housing, eviction issues, lead paint abatement
- Consumer: auto defects, auto repossession, credit card defaults, garnishments, tax foreclosures
*Please be advised that any and all information provided to Patient Legal Support staff is confidential and will not be released without a request from you and legal services are free, but some cases may require court filing fees or other case-related