Lil' Sprouts is a 10 week course designed for parents/caregivers with their children. The goal of this program is to teach parents/caregivers how to increase speech and language within their home environment.
Children enrolled may be developing at a normal/average rate or may be delayed in speech and language development. Children are between the ages of 18 months to 2 ½ years. Due to limited space, we request that siblings do not attend the Lil' Sprout sessions.
Topics for our 10-week course are as follows:
- speech and sound development and basic sign language
- development of receptive language skills
- development of expressive language skills
- interaction of play skills and communication
- interaction of sensory skills and communication
- interaction of oral motor skills and communication
- use of toys and basic play concepts
The first 25 minutes of the session are spent discussing our topic and teaching you and your child how to complete a task related to our topic. The next 10 minutes are spent at a table for a snack time. During snack time the clinicians help the children to use sign language, word approximations or simple words to request for food. The final 10 minutes are spent doing a circle time activity and singing a song related to our weekly topic.
The Lil' Sprouts program is a great way to meet other families with children that are in the same age-range as your child. It's also a great way to have a professional monitor your child's speech and language development and give you tips on how to make communication easier within your home environment.