Beaumont’s Back on Track class video is a free resource to help you prepare for your spine surgery.
In it, you’ll find answers to common questions and information about concerns you may have before surgery. The video covers pre- and post-operative care, as well as at-home recovery practices.
It may be helpful to have a friend or family member watch the video with you. You will get additional information to help you prepare for your spine surgery from your surgeon's office.
Topics covered will include:
- Pre-op expectations- what needs to be done before surgery
- Phone calls from- anesthesia pre-screening and surgical scheduler
- Post-Anesthesia care unit (PACU)
- Admission to extended recovery unit (Outpatient surgery)
- Admission to inpatient unit after surgery
- Post-op Expectations for care on the units
- Physical and Occupational Therapy
- Spinal Precautions- No bending, lifting, twisting
- Multimodal pain management
- Discharge planning
If you prefer to attend class online, you may register below.
In the online class, you will learn how to prepare for your surgery,
what to expect during your hospital stay and what your recovery plan