Expert team with the latest technology
The Beaumont Aortic Center team approach to aortic surgery and related treatment plans includes the expertise of:
- Cardiovascular and vascular surgeons, and cardiac anesthesiologists for high-level procedures.
- Cardiologists focused on pre-procedure assessment of cardiovascular risk factors, long-term. patient care and management, and communication with referring physicians.
- Cardiologists with expertise in advanced imaging and radiology, to clearly “see” and assess aortic disease.
- Interventional radiologists for spinal drain assessments and procedures.
- Genetic counselors to evaluate potential genetic components of aortic disease and conditions in patients and, possibly, their families.
The result is a treatment plan tailored to each patient’s unique condition, with access to multiple clinical trials. The on-site, hybrid operating room – the Suzanne and Herbert Tyner Center for Cardiovascular Interventions – is equipped with the latest technology for both endovascular and open surgical procedures, as well as a conscious sedation option for some procedures to be performed without a breathing tube.