Are you ready to quit smoking?
Health benefits of quitting tobacco
After your last cigarette in:
- 20 minutes your heart rate and blood pressure decrease
- 12 hours the carbon monoxide level in your blood goes back to normal
- two weeks to three months, your blood circulation improves and lung function increases
- one year your risk of heart disease is half of a current smoker
- five years your risk of smoking related cancers are cut in half
- 10 years your risk of dying of lung cancers is half of a current smoker
- 15 years your risk of heart disease is that of someone who has never smoked
Smoking is the single most preventable cause of Death in the U.S.