Latest Treatment for Varicose Veins and More
Varicose veins represent both a cosmetic issue and a medical condition. They can interfere with your quality of life and indicate more serious health problems. Beaumont Health vein specialists can help you with all of your vein issues. We offer:
- Medically based approach: All Beaumont vein and vascular centers are run by Beaumont doctors. We not only treat your cosmetic varicose vein symptoms, we also evaluate you to make sure you do not have a vein-related health issue.
- Minimally invasive treatment: We use vein ablation to speed healing and minimize discomfort. A doctor inserts a thin, flexible tube (catheter) into your varicose vein and uses heat to destroy it. The vein no longer carries blood and is absorbed by your body. Ablation avoids general anesthesia and stitches. It takes less than an hour.
- Comprehensive care: Varicose veins form because of pooling blood, potentially causing a range of problems. In addition to treating the cosmetic symptoms, we also care for other complications that may form:
- Superficial phlebitis: Pooling blood clots in varicose veins, close to the surface of your skin. While it is not necessarily dangerous, it is usually painful.
- Deep vein thrombosis (DVT): Blood clots in a deep vein in your leg. It is serious, and requires treatment, often with a blood-thinning medication. Our vein specialists have expertise treating DVT.
- Chronic venous disease: When pooling blood in varicose veins leaks into your lower leg and ankle tissue, it can cause chronic venous disease. You might notice a darkening and hardening of the skin. If not treated, it can cause ulcers of the skin that are difficult to heal.
Specialized Centers to Treat Veins
For your convenience, Beaumont offers multiple places you can go for vein treatment:
Beaumont Vein Centers and Other Vein Treatment Locations
Beaumont Vein Centers exclusively treat and diagnose varicose vein and other vascular issues. There and at other Beaumont vein treatment locations, board-certified doctors use the latest minimally invasive techniques. Locations include: