Leaders in Caring for Stroke, Brain Disorders and Other Neurological Conditions
Beaumont uses the latest tools to diagnose and treat neurological conditions, for patients of all ages. From acute brain injuries to chronic conditions, we are the most preferred destination for neurology services in Southeast Michigan. We offer:
- Recognized excellence: U.S. News and World Report recently ranked the neurology and neurosurgery program at Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak among America's Best Hospitals. This excellence extends across our network.
- Care for all your neurological needs: We care for patients with every neurological condition, whether related to the brain, spine or nerves. Highlights include:
- Stroke: For stroke, every minute matters. The nation’s leading healthcare reviewers have designated the Beaumont hospitals in Dearborn, Farmington Hills, Grosse Pointe, Royal Oak and Troy as Primary Stroke Centers. That distinction means staff specialists are on hand 24/7 to provide complete care. One reviewer, the Joint Commission, singled out our Royal Oak hospital as a Comprehensive Stroke Center capable of treating the most complex cases.
- Pediatric neurology: Our pediatric neurologists treat common conditions such as migraine headaches and attention deficit disorder, as well as rare head and spine tumors. Our program is the only one in Southeast Michigan providing interventional treatment of brain aneurysms in infants and children. Many of our newer treatments reduce or eliminate the need for traditional surgery.
- Movement disorders: Together with your other doctors, Beaumont neurologists help you find the best treatment for disorders like Parkinson’s disease and multiple sclerosis. We are a leader in using deep brain stimulation, which acts like a pacemaker for the brain, blocking the signals that cause tremors.
- Neurosurgery: We provide you with the best care, using the latest technology. Computer-aided guidance systems give surgeons the best view possible of your brain and spine. We also use minimally invasive approaches, often collaborating with surgeons from other disciplines to approach the brain and spine in new ways.
Concussion Screening for Young Athletes
Beaumont partners with schools and parents to keep student athletes safe and healthy. The Concussion Health Awareness and Management Program (CHAMP) offers concussion screenings for children age 13 and older. Using an industry-leading computerized brain injury measurement, we compare pre- and post-concussion results. This tool helps us determine how severe the concussion is and when it is safe for your child to return to play. For information on concussion baseline screenings, call 855-469-4323.
Specialized Centers for Neurological Care
Beaumont Health’s specialized neurology centers connect you with the specialists you need, in one place, at one time. Our centers include:
- Neuroscience Center, Royal Oak: You benefit from the convenience and collaboration of having all neurological-related specialties under one roof. Our specialists work together on your diagnosis and treatment and include:
- craniofacial and skull base surgeons
- Beaumont Concussion Clinic, Royal Oak: This clinic offers comprehensive care for children and adults who experience a concussion. We see all patients within 72 hours, a critical timeframe for concussion evaluation.