Michigan's first center dedicated to the prevention, detection and treatment of heart disease in women
We know that early detection and diagnosis are key to defeating the number one killer of women - heart disease.
Almost one out of every three women will die of heart disease. At the Ministrelli Women's Heart Center, Beaumont’s heart doctors and specialists help women just like you, your mother and future generations of women live healthy lives and beat these
Created with the generous philanthropy of J. Peter and Florine Ministrelli, the Ministrelli Women's Heart Center at Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak is the first center in Michigan dedicated to the detection, prevention and treatment of heart disease in women
of all ages.
The Ministrelli Women's Heart Center is a state-of-the-art facility with:
- on-site diagnostic capabilities for heart disease in women including stress tests, EKGs and echocardiograms (heart ultrasounds)
- exam rooms that are comfortable and warm
- dedicated staff trained specifically in women's heart disease issues
- physicians, nurse practitioner, registered dietician, medical technicians and an exercise physiologist
The Ministrelli Women’s Heart Center will partner with you to:
- provide educate and information about the prevalence of heart disease and its risks
- identify your risk for heart disease
- work with you to improve your cardiac risk factor profile
A referral from your primary care physician to get an appointment at the Ministrelli Women's Heart Center is necessary only if your insurance requires it.
On your first visit, you can expect a complete cardiac evaluation. Additional testing may be scheduled such as blood tests, a stress test or cardiac imaging. When you receive the results of your heart risk assessment,
you will also receive recommendations for your heart health based on your answers.