GO GOLD FOR CHILDHOOD CANCER
September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
Join the Beaumont Children’s Pediatric Hematology/Oncology team and others throughout the community in celebrating and supporting
our patients during Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.
Make a donation in support of Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
Make a donation in support of the Orange Theory Fitness Challenge
Pediatric Hematology/Oncology at Beaumont Children's
Beaumont Children’s offers comprehensive diagnosis and treatment for infants, children, adolescents and young adults with nearly every type of childhood cancer or blood disorder.
Childhood cancer by the numbers
- ONE IN 285 CHILDREN in the U.S. will be diagnosed with cancer by the time they are 20 years old.
- Every year, an estimated 250,000+ new cases of cancer affect children under the age of 20 worldwide. That’s almost 700 NEW KIDS AFFECTED EVERY DAY.
- Childhood cancer is the LEADING CAUSE OF DEATH from disease among children.
- Despite these facts, childhood cancer research receives just 4 PERCENT of the annual budget from the National Cancer Institute.
- TWO-THIRDS of childhood cancer patients may have long lasting chronic conditions from treatment.
- Childhood cancer is not one disease. It is made up of more than 12 MAJOR TYPES and over 100 subtypes.