- Beaumont has more nationally ranked hospitals in Michigan than any other health system
- Five Beaumont hospitals rank in the top 15 in Metro Detroit
- All eight Beaumont hospitals earn national 'high performing' ratings
Beaumont Health’s Royal Oak, Troy and Grosse Pointe hospitals have earned national recognition by U.S. News & World Report in the “America’s Best Hospitals” rankings released today. Beaumont also has more nationally ranked hospitals in Michigan than any other health system.
Beaumont, Royal Oak ranked No. 2 statewide. This marks the 26th consecutive year Beaumont, Royal Oak has been included in this U.S. News national listing. The hospital also ranks No. 2 in Metro Detroit. Beaumont, Troy and Beaumont, Grosse Pointe are both ranked No. 3 in Michigan and Metro Detroit.
Beaumont Hospital, Dearborn is ranked No. 14 in Michigan and No. 9 in Metro Detroit. Beaumont Hospital, Trenton is ranked No. 20 in Michigan and ranked No. 13 in Metro Detroit.
All eight Beaumont Health hospitals also received "high performing" national ratings for common adult procedures and conditions.
“The COVID-19 pandemic has made this year particularly challenging. And, this year, I’m prouder than ever to see our physicians, nurses and health care heroes’ dedication and commitment to excellence again recognized on the national stage,” Beaumont Health President and CEO John Fox said. “We achieved these national rankings thanks to our clinicians and strong partnerships with the patients and families we serve.”
Only about 3%, or 134 of America’s 4,500+ hospitals analyzed for Best Hospitals 2020-21, earned a national ranking in even one specialty. In 12 specialties, the top 50 hospitals are ranked based on objective measures. Four additional specialties are based on a reputational survey, with fewer hospitals ranking on reputation.
Beaumont, Royal Oak, Troy and Grosse Pointe are all also Magnet hospitals, the highest honor for nursing excellence awarded through the Nurses Credentialing Center, a subsidiary of the American Nurses Association.
U.S. News & World Report has nationally ranked Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak in the following 10 medical specialties based on objective measures for 2020-21:
- Cardiology & Heart Surgery - #18
- Diabetes & Endocrinology - #20
- Gastroenterology & GI Surgery - #20
- Geriatrics - #30
- Gynecology - #5 (top ranked in Michigan)
- Nephrology (Kidney) - #22
- Neurology & Neurosurgery - #43
- Orthopedics - #11 (top ranked in Michigan)
- Pulmonology & Lung Surgery - #21
- Urology - #19
Beaumont, Royal Oak also earned “high-performing” rankings in Cancer.
Beaumont Hospital, Troy is nationally ranked in three medical specialties based on objective measures for 2020-21:
- Cardiology & Heart Surgery - #50
- Orthopedics - #21
- Urology - #43
Beaumont, Troy also earned “high-performing” rankings in six medical specialties: Diabetes & Endocrinology, Gastroenterology & GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Nephrology, Neurology & Neurosurgery and Pulmonology.
Beaumont Hospital, Grosse Pointe is nationally ranked in six medical specialties based on objective measures for 2020-21:
- Diabetes & Endocrinology - #26
- Geriatrics - #32
- Nephrology (Kidney) - #50
- Neurology & Neurosurgery - #33
- Pulmonology & Lung Surgery - #44
- Urology - #48
Beaumont Hospital, Grosse Pointe also earned “high-performing” rankings in two medical specialties: Gastroenterology & GI Surgery and Orthopedics
Beaumont Hospital, Dearborn earned a “high-performing” ranking in Orthopedics.
In addition, all eight Beaumont hospitals earned at least one national “high performing” Common Adult Procedures & Conditions rating:
- Heart Bypass Surgery (Royal Oak)
- Congestive Heart Failure (Dearborn, Farmington Hills, Grosse Pointe, Royal Oak, Trenton, Troy)
- Colon Cancer Surgery (Royal Oak, Troy)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (Dearborn, Farmington Hills, Grosse Pointe, Royal Oak, Taylor, Trenton, Troy, Wayne)
- Knee Replacement (Dearborn, Royal Oak, Trenton, Troy)
- Hip Replacement (Dearborn, Royal Oak, Troy)
- Lung Cancer Surgery (Grosse Pointe, Royal Oak)
- TAVR: Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (Royal Oak)
“Our phenomenal team lives our mission and provides extraordinary, compassionate patient and family-centered care every day,” Beaumont Health Chief Medical Officer Dr. David Wood said. “I am so proud of our team’s national rankings and thrilled all eight Beaumont hospitals earned at least one national ‘high performing’ Common Adult Procedures & Conditions rating.”
The U.S. News Best Hospitals rankings, now in its 31st year, help guide patients to hospitals that deliver care across 26 specialties, 10 procedures and conditions. The Best Hospitals methodologies include objective measures such as patient survival, the number of times a given procedure is performed, infection rates, adequacy of nursing staff and more.
Best Hospitals was produced by U.S. News with RTI International, a leading research organization based in Research Triangle Park, N.C.