- Beaumont has more nationally ranked hospitals in Michigan than any other health system
- Five Beaumont hospitals rank in the top 15 in Metro Detroit; seven Beaumont hospitals earn national 'high performing' ratings
Beaumont Health’s Royal Oak, Troy and Grosse Pointe hospitals have earned national recognition by U.S. News & World Report in the “America’s Best Hospitals” rankings released today. Beaumont also has more nationally ranked hospitals in Michigan than any other health system.
Beaumont, Royal Oak ranked No. 2 statewide. This marks the 25th consecutive year Beaumont, Royal Oak has been included in this U.S. News national listing. The hospital also ranks No. 2 in Metro Detroit. Beaumont, Troy is ranked No. 3 in Michigan and Metro Detroit. Beaumont, Grosse Pointe is ranked No. 4 in Michigan and Metro Detroit.
Seven Beaumont Health hospitals, including Royal Oak, Troy and Grosse Pointe, also received "high performing" national ratings for common adult procedures and conditions.
“Our team’s accomplishments and commitment to our patients inspires and impresses me every day,” John Fox, president and CEO, Beaumont Health, said. “We achieved these rankings by partnering and collaborating with the patients and families we serve. I am proud of our team’s efforts to deliver exceptional care.”
Only 3.7%, or 165 of America’s nearly 4,500 hospitals analyzed for Best Hospitals 2019-20, earned a national ranking in even one specialty. In 12 specialties, the top 50 hospitals are ranked based on objective measures. Four additional specialties are based on a reputational survey, with fewer hospitals ranking on reputation.
Beaumont, Royal Oak, Troy and Grosse Pointe are all also Magnet hospitals, the highest honor for nursing excellence awarded through the Nurses Credentialing Center, a subsidiary of the American Nurses Association.
U.S. News & World Report has nationally ranked Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak in the following 11 medical specialties based on objective measures for 2019-20:
- Cardiology & Heart Surgery - #19
- Diabetes & Endocrinology - #18
- Ear, Nose & Throat - #48
- Gastroenterology & GI Surgery - #31
- Geriatrics - #28
- Gynecology - #10 (top ranked in Michigan)
- Nephrology (Kidney) - #35
- Neurology & Neurosurgery - #34
- Orthopedics - #15 (top ranked in Michigan)
- Pulmonology - #18
- Urology - #22
Beaumont Hospital, Troy is nationally ranked in four medical specialties based on objective measures for 2019-20:
- Cardiology & Heart Surgery - #38
- Diabetes & Endocrinology - #26
- Ear, Nose & Throat - #46
- Neurology & Neurosurgery - #46
Beaumont, Troy also earned “high-performing” rankings in six medical specialties: Gastroenterology & GI Surgery; Geriatrics; Nephrology; Orthopedics; Pulmonology and Urology.
Beaumont Hospital, Grosse Pointe is nationally ranked in four medical specialties based on objective measures for 2019-20:
- Diabetes & Endocrinology - #19
- Geriatrics - #47
- Nephrology (Kidney) - #50
- Pulmonology - #44
Beaumont Hospital, Grosse Pointe also earned “high-performing” rankings in four medical specialties: Gastroenterology & GI Surgery; Neurology & Neurosurgery; Orthopedics and Urology.
In addition, seven Beaumont hospitals earned at least one national “high performing” Common Adult Procedures & Conditions rating:
- Colon Cancer Surgery (Dearborn, Royal Oak, Troy)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (Dearborn, Farmington Hills, Grosse Pointe, Royal Oak, Trenton, Troy, Wayne)
- Heart Failure (Dearborn, Farmington Hills, Grosse Pointe, Royal Oak, Trenton, Troy)
- Hip Replacement (Royal Oak, Troy)
- Knee Replacement (Royal Oak, Trenton, Troy)
- Lung Cancer Surgery (Grosse Pointe, Royal Oak)
“We know our exceptional team provides extraordinary, compassionate patient and family-centered care every day, but it’s always nice when others recognize our team’s efforts,” said Dr. David Wood, executive vice president and chief medical officer, Beaumont Health. “We are thrilled to once again be included on the list of elite hospitals across the country that are nationally ranked by U.S. News.”
The U.S. News Best Hospitals rankings, now in its 30th year, help guide patients to hospitals that deliver care across 25 specialties, procedures and conditions. The Best Hospitals methodologies include objective measures such as patient survival, the number of times a given procedure is performed, infection rates, adequacy of nursing staff and more.
The Best Hospitals national ranking was produced by U.S. News with RTI International, a leading research organization based in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina. The rankings will be published in the U.S. News “Best Hospitals 2020” guidebook, available mid-September.
For more information, visit Best Hospitals and use #BestHospitals on Facebook and Twitter.