Beaumont is committed to providing state-of-the-art evidence-based comprehensive stroke care to all patients with ischemic or hemorrhagic stroke.
As a Level 1 Trauma Center and a Joint Commission certified comprehensive stroke center, we are adept and prepared to treat a stroke of any severity 24/7/365. Our comprehensive stroke team is devoted to not only treating you or your loved one’s stroke, but also assisting and guiding you through the recovery process, both in the hospital and at home.
January - June 2019
- 638 patients cared for in the first half of 2019 by our Comprehensive Stroke Center at Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak
- 409 Ischemic stroke patients, 92 Hemorrhagic stroke patients, and 137 TIA patients
- 29.4% of ischemic stroke patients presenting within 0-4.5 hours from last known well received IV tPA
- IV tPA door to needle average time for the first half of 2019 is 47.1 minutes
- 52 patients received acute reperfusion treatment at the Beaumont, Royal Oak Comprehensive Stroke Center in the first half of 2019
- 24 Mechanical thrombectomy procedures in the first half of 2019 with 78.3% recanalization rate
- 22% of patients presenting to the EC within 24 hours of last known well received treatment
- 27 aneurysm coilings performed
- 1 aneurysm clipping performed