A triple tracer scan is a highly specialized scan to evaluate a replaced joint or a specific area of bone following surgery, trauma or infection. This scan will take several hours over at least two days.
A bone marrow scan, indium labeled white blood cell scan and bone scan are performed.
- Do not schedule other medical tests that use barium for at least 48 hours prior to your triple tracer scan appointment.
- You may eat and drink as usual.
- You may continue taking your medications as prescribed by your doctor.
- Please bring a list of medications with you to your appointment.
- Remember to bring the written order (prescription), for this test, given to you by your doctor.
- Patients of childbearing age should review the pregnancy and breastfeeding guidelines