Our Respiratory Care focuses on helping individuals, of all ages, breathe easier. Services include therapeutic treatments to improve lung function through various modalities including
- oxygen administration
- bronchodilator therapy
- chest physiotherapy
- initiation and management of mechanical ventilation (neonatal and adult)
- non-invasive ventilation
- bronchoscopy assistance
- participation in blue dye swallow tests
- airway management
- oxygen saturation/CO2 monitoring by oximetry and capnography
Once a diagnosis is made, a treatment protocol is developed – specific to the individual’s needs. Unfortunately, there is no cure for lung disease but the treatment can significantly improve the patient’s quality of life, helping them return to normal, everyday activity.
Respiratory Care works closely with our Home Medical Equipment supplier to provide services for pulmonary patients including home oxygen therapy, breathing treatments and other durable medical equipment. Oxygen flow studies are conducted to determine if patients qualify for home oxygen. If they qualify, they are referred to the individual’s provider of home care equipment or connected with our Home Medical Equipment supplier to meet their home respiratory needs.
How is your breathing?
- to determine if you are experiencing symptoms of pulmonary disease (asthma, emphysema or chronic bronchitis) ask the following questions
- to you ever experience shortness of breath, coughing and/or wheezing?
- are you avoiding simple tasks because you are afraid of getting tired or out of breath?
- do you tend to stay home more often to avoid possible exertion and shortness of breath?
- do you seem more susceptible to colds and/or influenza?
- do you have frequent congestion, drainage, productive cough and/or wheezing?