Cranial Sacral Therapy is a light touch therapy that supports and enhances the body’s innate intelligence and healing ability.Based on the principles of cranial osteopathy, it focuses on the bones of the head, the spinal column and sacrum, as well as the brain, the membrane system, cerebrospinal fluid and entire nervous system.
How can it help?
Cranial Therapy is an effective complementary medicine modality used for a wide range of illnesses—helping to create the optimal conditions for health, encouraging vitality and facilitating a sense of well-being. It is suitable for people of all ages including babies, children and the elderly and can be effective in acute or chronic cases, such as:
- Central nervous system disorders
- Chemotherapy and radiation side effects
- Chronic fatigue
- Chronic pain
- Emotional problems: anxiety and depression
- Headaches: migraines, sinus and stress-related
- Immune disorders
- Improves sense of well being
- Insomnia & sleep disorders
- Low energy
- Neck and back pain
- Physical or emotional trauma
- Stress and tension related dysfunctions
- Symptoms from accidents or injuries
- Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome (TMJ)
What can you expect?
During a one hour session, you will lie on a massage table while fully clothed. Practitioners are trained to sense subtle changes in the motion patterns of the cranial system. Recognizing levels of stillness and movement that extend thru the fascial system of the body, they respond with gentle touch to bring the motions back to balance. During and after treatment, most clients notice an overall sense of relaxation, and quieting of the mind similar to meditation. As restrictions are found and mobilized, the structure and function of the central nervous system is enhanced, along with the health and well-being of the body as a whole.
How frequently should you schedule treatments?
- Regularly-scheduled treatments: help you deal with the physical and mental stresses you face each day.
- Weekly sessions: recommended for those recovering from major trauma.
- Monthly appointments: may be sufficient for those dealing effectively with chronic conditions and stress management, especially when combined with fitness programs, manual medicine and/or physical therapy treatments.
- Occasional session: provide temporary symptomatic relief.