Cardiac rehabilitation is a comprehensive program consisting of exercise therapy, heart disease risk factor modification, and heart-healthy nutrition counseling. Our cardiac rehab programs meet the rigorous guidelines as stated by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
Our specialized clinicians work with you to develop and implement an individualized care plan that meets your unique goals and needs.
CANDIDATES FOR CARDIAC REHAB
Most health insurance plans cover cardiac rehab services for the following diagnoses:
- Heart attack (myocardial infarction) within the past 12 months
- Coronary artery bypass surgery within the past 6 months
- Heart valve repair/replacement
- Coronary angioplasty or stenting within the past 6 months
- Heart or heart-lung transplant within the past 12 months
- Stable angina pectoris (chest or other discomfort related to the heart)
- Stable, chronic systolic heart failure (with ejection fraction < 35%)
Once we receive a referral from your physician, we will contact you to schedule an orientation interview. If you are interested in participating but don't have a physician referral, you can call the most convenient cardiac rehab site below and the staff at that site will request a referral from your physician.
Exercise therapy sessions meet 2-3 times weekly for 4 to 12 weeks for approximately one hour per session. You will perform exercises to develop cardiovascular endurance, muscular strength and flexibility. Again, your exercise prescription will be tailored to your specific needs.
In addition, you may choose to attend a variety of educational sessions to address topics such as heart-healthy nutrition, weight management, smoking cessation, and stress management.