Beaumont Health is committed to creating an ideal environment for the conduct of exemplary clinical research by providing only the best investigational treatment options for our patients.
With eight hospitals serving southern Michigan and beyond, Beaumont is a highly productive contributor to clinical trials across the nation. The Beaumont Research Institute strengthens Beaumont's ability to conduct medical research and to provide a research training experience for the medical staff and participants in graduate medical education programs.
Clinical Trial Resources
For more information about research and clinical trials, you can visit the following government and private sites:
- ClinicalTrials.gov: This site maintained by the National Library of Medicine provides extensive clinical trials information including a database of active clinical trials in the U.S.
- FDA: U.S. Food and Drug Administration: This site provides education for CONSUMERS about clinical research
- Journal of the American Medical Association: (PDF) This patient page from the respected journal provides a summary of clinical trials from the standpoint of the volunteer
- Office of Human Research Protection: This patient page, About Research Participation, provides the public with information about
research and research participation, so potential volunteer can make informed decisions about participating in research
- U.S. National Institutes of Health Clinical Trials: This site provides National Institute of Health resources for patients and families, including
an extensive glossary of terminology used in clinical research