Leading edge research to help treat a variety of vision problems
Beaumont ophthalmologists provide everything from routine eye care to specialized treatment and surgery.
To ensure you have the highest quality care available, all of our Beaumont attending physicians are Board-certified and have satisfied a rigorous credentialing process.
Currently, our doctors are involved in the Age-Related Eye Disease Study, a multi-center clinical trial funded by the National Eye Institute examining the effect of high dose vitamins and minerals on the prevention and progression of visual loss in Age-Related Macular Degeneration (ARMD). Beaumont doctors have been leaders in developing new treatments for ARMD and almost 500 study patients are from Beaumont.
With new pediatric surgical diagnostic techniques developed and refined at Beaumont, our doctors attract children from all over the world for the ophthalmology treatment. The Beaumont Pediatric Vitreo-Retinal Surgery Service is a leader for treatment of visual loss from retinopathy of prematurity and related diseases.
More current studies we are conducting include:
- photodynamic therapies for treatment of Age-Related Macular Degeneration
- the effects of vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals in the development of Cataracts and Macular Degeneration
- treatment for Ocular Melanoma
- surgical treatment for Pediatric Retinal Diseases
- laser treatment of dry Macular Degeneration
- use of oral agents in the prevention of diabetic retinopathy
- treatment of Macular Holes
- age-Related Eye Disease Study (AREDS)
- complication of Age-Related Macular Degeneration Prevention Trial (CAPT)
- drug trials for Exudative (wet) ARMD
- Submacular Surgery Trials (SST)
- Retinopathy of Prematurity Studies
If you would like to participate in any of our studies, call 248-551-4600.