The Beaumont Center for Mindfulness mission is to offer life changing, experiential community learning to diverse populations that addresses the causes of suffering and illness rather than treating the symptoms. The vision is to be recognized as a progressive leader in mindfulness education and outcomes research.
What is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness is the awareness that arises from paying attention, on purpose, in the present moment and non-judgmentally.
Mindfulness training has been shown to positively impact overall well-being, mental health and physical health. Mindfulness training also supports a non-pharmacological approach to pain management.
MINDFULNESS-BASED STRESS REDUCTION (MBSR)
Sessions include training in meditation, gentle yoga, mindful eating, mindful communication and how to decrease stress. This intensive 30 hour course is eight weeks.
Combine the skills of mindfulness and self-compassion to cultivate and enhance your capacity for emotional well being. This intensive 25 hour course is eight weeks.
MINDFULNESS PRACTICE GROUPS
Various sessions, via webinar or phone, providing guidance of formal mindfulness practice, plus suggestions for ongoing practice.
MBSR TEACHER TRAINING
Take the first course on the pathway to certification as an MBSR teacher. Please contact us for additional information about prerequisites.
We are experienced in designing and offering presentations, workshops and courses for organizations wanting to improve communication, focus and well-being in their workforce. Contact us for details.
Cultivating lion-mind qualities through mindfulness practice:
Ruth Lerman, M.D.
Medical Director, Beaumont Center for Mindfulness
- Certified MBSR teacher and teacher trainer through Mindfulness Center at Brown University and University of Massachusetts Medical School Center for Mindfulness
- Has taught specialized programs for oncology patients, physicians, medical students, nurses, attorneys, social workers, healthcare leaders and others
- Has attended more than seventeen, five-to-ten-day silent meditation retreats
- Has published research and presented her team’s research on the mindfulness classes she teaches in the Annals of Surgical Oncology, and at the American Society of Breast Surgeons, the American Conference on Physician Wellness and the International
Conference on Mindfulness
- Is a member of the Mindfulness Teacher Training Alliance which is a member of the Global Mindfulness Collaborative
Watch Dr. Lerman and Dr. Hugo Davila Grijalva present “Mindfulness: Hype? Hope? Or Happiness” for Beaumont Pediatric Grand Rounds.
Watch Dr. Lerman on an episode of Managing the Problems of Daily Living aired on Bloomfield Community Television.
Read a more personal version of Dr. Lerman's mindfulness background.
Read Dr Lerman’s blog post on A Path Through Suffering to Waking Up.
The Beaumont Center for Mindfulness offers an evidence-based approach to address the causes of stress rather than treating the symptoms.
We offer experiential learning, that works for diverse groups and can be tailored to the needs of a specific population.
Watch Dr. Lerman on a recent episode of Managing the Problems of Daily Living
aired on Bloomfield Community Television.