When balance is impaired, an individual has difficulty maintaining orientation. Some of the balance disorder symptoms a person may experience are:
- A sensation of dizziness or vertigo (spinning)
- Falling or a feeling of falling
- Lightheadedness or feeling woozy
- Visual blurring
- Inability to walk without staggering
- Inability to rise from seated or lying position
Some individuals may also experience nausea and vomiting, diarrhea, fainting, changes in heart rate and blood pressure, fear, anxiety or panic. The symptoms of balance disorder may appear and disappear over short time periods or may last for a longer period of time.
Symptoms of balance disorders may resemble symptoms of other conditions. It's best to consult your doctor for a balance disorder diagnosis.