Beaumont is proud to be the exclusive teaching site for the Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine. Being affiliated with OUWB furthers Beaumont’s mission of training the next generation of medical professionals and improving health
care through learning and research.
Highlights of the mutually beneficial affiliation between Beaumont and OUWB include:
- state-of-the-art technologies
- new treatments and cures
- specialized surgeries and experimental procedures
- high-quality care, including treatment of rare diseases and complex patients
- better outcomes and survival rates
- training for the next generation of health care providers, helping to reduce the predicted shortage of physicians in the U.S.
- an innovative approach to medical education offering a curriculum that integrates basic science instruction with clinical training from Beaumont physicians, and the promotion and maintenance of health, not just diagnosis and treatment of disease
- an OUWB culture that encourages medical students to develop a passion for life-long learning while equipping them with research, design, and presentation skills
- community outreach where medical students put into practice the skills learned in the classroom, supporting a key component of the school’s mission “to lead in promoting, maintaining, and restoring health to individuals and communities
served by OUWB and its graduates.”
- an outcomes-based research program called Embark with projects that address issues in health education, research, or community service.
- medical students who receive clinical training exclusively at Beaumont facilities. More than 1,400 Beaumont doctors have OUWB faculty appointments