Research currently conducted on the mind and body shows a direct relationship between the two and how this relationship affects our health. In guided imagery, a specialist helps elicit the relaxation response and then guides the person's imagination in such a way that positively affects their physical, emotional and spiritual well-being.
What is Imagery?
The mind is a powerful healing tool. Using our imagination, we can visualize almost anything. By creating images in the mind, a person can reduce pain and symptoms associated with his or her condition. Studies have also shown that imagery can help to improve relaxation.
Guided imagery helps to:
- reduce pain
- stop smoking
- reduce anxiety
- improve depression
- overcome a fear or phobia
- reduce test taking anxiety
- enhance pre and post surgery recovery
- help alleviate fear of medical treatments
- Guided Imagery for Peaceful Sleep
- Calming Guided Imagery to Reduce Stress and Enhance Healing
- Relaxing Guided Imagery to Enhance Health and Reduce Pain
- Guided Imagery to Reduce Stress and Help you Stop Smoking
- Living My Balanced Life
- Calming Guided Imagery for Motivation to Lose Weight and Exercise