The Sarah H. and Douglas F. Allison Consultative Rehabilitation Suite offers an interdisciplinary approach to neurological disorders.
Our approach includes occupational and physical therapy and speech and language pathology to provide a comprehensive evaluation of your patient. The team will develop a treatment plan to help the patient recover, gain independence and maintain safety.
Neurological disorders can include:
- cerebral aneurysm
- dementia/Alzheimer's disease
- multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson ’s disease
- tumors of the brain and spinal cord
- traumatic brain injury
- spinal cord injury
We also offer training and education for patients and caregivers, as well as instruction on in-home activities for carry-over of skills.
Treatment can include manual therapy, therapeutic exercise, functional task, splinting, and customized home exercise programs. The frequency and duration of the treatment is dependent on the patient’s medical necessity and commitment to therapy. We offer 60 minute treatment sessions one on one.
Components of the program can include:
- vestibular therapy for dizziness
- vision rehabilitation for vision difficulties i.e. double vision, neglect, low vision, etc.
The benefit of a comprehensive program includes:
- improved independence in self-care, household, and leisure activities
- improved safety with walking, standing, moving from surface to surface
- improved strength, flexibility, and endurance needed to participate in daily activities such as work, household tasks, driving
- restored extremity with muscle movement patterns
- recommendations, adaptions and create supportive and assistive devices to improve independent living
We offer new technology:
- Biodex Balance System
- GAITRite system to analyze and identify abnormal gait patterns
- Bioness L-300 and H-200 wireless lower extremity and hand rehabilitation system
- Walkaide system to improve gait patterns with foot drop
If a patient requires additional services we also have a Neuro Rehabilitation Program located at the Beaumont Health Center.
We have additional services we can offer at the Beaumont Health Center that include social work services, therapeutic recreation, nurse case coordination, as well as after rehab support groups, cognitive-communication group treatment programs, and exercise programs.
We are located at:
Allison Neuroscience Therapy Services
Beaumont Neuroscience Center, Suite 215
(on the campus of Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak)
3555 W. 13 Mile Rd., Royal Oak, MI 48073