Beaumont's Driver Rehabilitation Program offers training in adapted vehicles, hand controls, left-foot accelerator and adaptive mirrors, as well as a driving simulator. This program works in conjunction with Beaumont's Vision Rehab Program to help solve vision and perception issues before driving.
This program is ideal for people with:
- Traumatic brain injury
- CVA (stroke)
- Upper and/or lower extremity amputation
- Elderly drivers
- Learning disabilities
- Low vision
Most insurance policies do not cover this service. Coverage depends on individual benefits. Individuals may qualify for funding. Fees are based on the services rendered and vary depending on the number of sessions required.
- Clinical assessment of visual perceptual skills, strength, coordination, sensation and reaction time as it relates to driving
- Driver education and media center
- Behind-the-wheel assessment of driving skills
- Driver rehabilitation with adaptive equipment or techniques for compensation
- Recommendations for physicians
- Driving simulator