Latest Surgeries and Best Care When You Need It
Whether you come to Beaumont Health for inpatient surgery or a quick outpatient procedure, you receive extraordinary care. Our surgeons represent every major surgical specialty and are highly skilled in the latest techniques. We offer:
- Recognized excellence: U.S. News and World Report recently ranked four of our surgical specialties — heart, orthopedics, GI and neurosurgery — as tops in Michigan. While the publication specifically singled out Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, such excellence extends across our network.
- Emergency surgery: Beaumont’s multiple trauma centers are equipped with the latest surgical capabilities and include a Level I designation for Royal Oak. When needed, the Beaumont One helicopter is always available to take you to Royal Oak for the most advanced care possible.
- Latest in robotic-assisted surgery: A number of Beaumont hospitals offer robotic-assisted surgery with the da Vinci system, the leading technology available. Troy is a nationally recognized training center for these surgeries, with surgeons coming from around the country to learn. Benefits of robotic-assisted surgery include:
- More minimally invasive procedures: The precision surgeons achieve by guiding the robot means you receive smaller incisions and recover faster.
- Better experience for the patient: Robotic-assisted surgery causes less bleeding, less risk of infection, and less post-operative pain and scarring. That adds up to better results.
Specialized Surgery Centers
Our specialized surgery centers offer you comfort and convenience, along with the latest technology and treatments. Our centers include:
- Beaumont - Trenton Surgery Center: Designed for patient comfort, this center features a hotel-like lounge and private rooms for stays less than 24 hours. Operating rooms are outfitted with the most advanced equipment.
- Beaumont - Wayne Surgery Center: All types of inpatient and outpatient surgeries are performed at the center. Surgeons are skilled in using the da Vinci robotic-assisted system.
- Ghesquiere Family Center for Children’s Surgery, Royal Oak: Advanced technology, minimally invasive surgery and highly trained experts make our center a top spot for pediatric surgery. From twinkling stars overhead to a cozy preoperative play area, everything about the bright, colorful space was designed to comfort children and families.
- Applebaum Surgical Learning Center, Royal Oak: We offer one of the country’s most advanced medical simulation facilities. Surgeons use virtual reality technology to learn the latest surgical techniques. That innovative training means better results for patients.