Beaumont Commercialization is Beaumont Health System's technology transfer and commercialization office.
Beaumont Commercialization oversees the development and patenting of
new technologies created by Beaumont Health System employees with the
goal of bringing medical technology from idea to market as quickly and
effectively as possible.
Beaumont Commercialization achieves its objectives through the following:
- Manage the Beaumont Health System intellectual property portfolio
- Facilitate the invention process by working with Beaumont employees throughout the entire invention and patent process
- Consult with Beaumont employees on the patent and technology transfer process
- Work closely with patent attorneys, industry, and potential licensees
- Provide business, legal, marketing and development support
- Evaluate the patentability and commercial potential of inventions
- Market and license technologies in the Beaumont Health System portfolio.
Examples of medical innovations developed and patented by inventors
at Beaumont include cone beam technology for cancer treatment and
automatic breathing control technology, also for cancer treatment.