Family Approach to Smoking Termination: Kicking butts one family at a time
Researchers with Beaumont’s Cancer Clinical Trials Program are seeking cancer patients who smoke and their family members for a smoking termination program. The free program will be held for four consecutive Mondays - July 15 through Aug. 5. Participants are required to attend all four classes at the Beaumont Health and Wellness Center, 4949 Coolidge Highway, Royal Oak, from 5 to 6 p.m.
Said Dr. Shannon Wills, “Beaumont is committed to improving patient care by partnering with cancer patients and their families. Invite a family member, or partner, in your home who smokes to join you in a journey to quit smoking. There is no cost to participate in this research study.”
The study is referred to as FAST or “Family Approach to Smoking Termination: Kicking butts one family at a time.”
For more information or to enroll, call 248-551-7695 or email Sandra.Baker2@beaumont.org.
The smoking termination program includes:
- four weekly sessions for a smoker and their family member
- tools to help stop smoking and live a healthier life
- a survival kit to help smokers manage their cravings
- questionnaires before and after classes and at 1, 3 and 6 months
- a certificate of completion