You may be looking for a way to make an annual or end-of-the-year gift to support patient programs and services at Beaumont Health. If you are 70½ or older, you also may be interested in a way to lower the income and taxes from your IRA withdrawals. An IRA charitable rollover is a way you can help support our mission and, at the same time, benefit from important tax advantages.
Benefits of an IRA charitable rollover
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to Beaumont Health
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Make a gift that is not subject to the 50 percent deduction limits on charitable gifts
How an IRA charitable rollover gift works
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA directly to one of the Beaumont Health Foundations (Beaumont Foundation, Botsford Foundation or Oakwood Foundation).
- Contact our office at 248-551-5330 to let us know that you have made arrangements for a distribution from your IRA and the area that you would like to support with your gift.
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to our organization.
- We will acknowledge your gift and invest in the local programs and services that are important to you.